Sunday, March 23, 2014

go ahead and say it

Now in case you think I've forgotten about my little swoony trip down memory lane, I haven't! It's a bit hard to when you watch vintage Alfred Hitchcock every night lol!

So, next on my list, an unexpected charmer, and someone you might not even have heard of -- George Grizzard. George was in fact a brilliant, prolific actor, appearing in numerous films, TV shows and Broadway plays; in some ways he reminds me of Ewan McGregor.

"Cute, but this isn't his best look is it".

Not being, I suppose, typically gorgeous, his pictures aren't readily found online; this was the best I could do, and it certainly doesn't capture his suave coolness. So, to make up for it, I thought I'd share this entertaining episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents from 1962, featuring Grizzard and the wonderful Dennis King -- a quick half hour of fun for a peaceful Sunday afternoon.




Have a lovely rest of the weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Introverted Art said...

OMG Alfred Hitchcock was my favorite growing up.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I'm not familiar with this actor but I've never subscribed to the theory that someone has to be conventionally handsome to be attractive. Talent and charisma surely count for something :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend dear friend!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Miss Val's Creations said...

He is a cutie! I haven't watched an episode of Hitchcock in ages. I definitely understand your comparison to Ewan McGregor. I love when McGregor play someone suave like in Down With Love. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

So much fun! Love the fire truck! LOL! I like George's voice and he is cute! ;o) He got him in the end with the book ;o) Hope you're having a great weekend ;o)

Kay G. said...

I love your dishy men that you have posts on!!
If you ever get the chance, watch Jack Lemmon in "My Sister Eileen",
so sweet and romantic, he was dreamy!

Unknown said...

Lol. There is nothing like a good oldie. Thanks for the post.

Audrey said...

You're right.....I've never heard of him....but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ewan McGregor so I'm sure I'd like this handsome guy too!

Fundy Blue said...

I'll have to watch this post Hawaii! That picture of Robert Redford is what makes me melt! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...