* * *
"No doubt you were in a hurry to give me a reputation for eccentricity: according to you, I am a Lara, a Manfred, a Lord Ruthwen. Then, once the time for seeing me as eccentric has gone, the image is spoiled and you try to turn me into an ordinary man. You want me to be commonplace and vulgar. You even ask me for explanations. Come, come, Monsieur Beauchamp! You are joking!"
"And yet," Beauchamp replied haughtily, "there are some occasions when honesty commands us…"
"What commands the Count of Monte Cristo," the strange man interrupted, "is the Count of Monte Cristo. So, not a word of all this, I beg you. I do what I wish, Monsieur Beauchamp, and believe me, it is always very well done".
extract from The Count Of Monte Cristo, Ch 88, by Alexandre Dumas
1. Enclosed - fine art photograph by Time Moving Slow
2. Storm Watcher open edition signed fine art by Robert Foster Art
3. Pirate ship in treasure chest automaton by Cartoon Monster
4. Regency wedding dress gown by Sew Many Treasures
5. Long ruffle patchwork skirt by La Belle Boheme Boutique
6. Prison Door - Chateau D'If by M Rose Photography
7. Pirates of the Caribbean pirate frock coat by Maritime Arts
8. Bronze dupioni silk spats by DAS