Tuesday, April 12, 2011

happy. yup.

So I went for my appointment today, and almost needless to say, God faithfully saw me through.

As I was on my way there in the cab, you can imagine how I was endeavouring to keep my mind fixed on God and his goodness and all that. And you can also imagine how every now and then an anxious, negative thought would try to squeeze its way in. Well, I can tell you from experience now – you DON’T have to think them. As you would with that old man of the sea, don’t even let one word of your crappy thoughts start. SHAKE IT OFF.

“… SET your minds and KEEP THEM SET on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth… And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always] (Colossian 3:2, 15, Amplified).

But anyway, while my mind was engaged in its battle, lo and behold, what should slowly pass us by there on the highway, but one of those massive container trucks. Printed in large clear letters across the length of its huge tan body were the words: JESUS WILL CARRY YOUR LOAD.

Yup.

(And I deliberately wore my happy shirt today).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...